More than $3,600 worth of fines have been issues on the Peak Downs Highway in just one day.
A police patrol group intercepted six alleged speedsters on October 25 alone.
Among them is a 16-year-old boy on a learner licence who is accused of travelling 18km/h over the speed limit.
He has been dealt with under the Youth Justice Act.
Other alleged offenders include:
- 48-year-old man from Armstrong Beach 115km/h in 100km/h zone. Infringement $431 and 3 points.
- 20-year-old male from Glenella – 135km/h in 100km/h zone. Infringement $1078 and 6 points.
- 31-year-oldmale from East Mackay – 114km/h in 80km/zone. Infringement $1078 and 6 points.
- 38-year-old male from Mitchell – Heavy Vehicle Road Train – Exceed 90km/h Road Train Speed Limit (104km/h detected), Work Diary Offences. 2 x Infringements issued, $608 and 3 points.
- 50-year-old old male from Eimeo – 113km/h in 100km/h zone. Infringement $431 and 3 points.