We could see some wild weather this afternoon.
The Bureau of Meteorology says large, slow moving thunderstorm clusters are moving over the northern Wide Bay & Burnett district and the Central Coast, in a very moist unstable environment.
Severe thunderstorms are likely over the next several hours, and could produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding.
Locations which may be affected include Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay waters, St Lawrence, Nebo, Childers, Gin Gin and Miriam Vale.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.